Pages

Monday, May 29, 2017

Such Breathless Haste



Such a fast paced world we live in and I wonder if I take enough time to enjoy the simple pleasures one by one, or if I rush to the next most interesting thing. There is so much in this world to be distracted by with technology at our fingertips at all times. With Facebook, it was always the next best recipe. Or the next interesting homemade project while forgetting about the 'irons' I already had in the fire. Breathless haste..hurrying past what is already in possession yet forgotten. I'm continuing with the photo challenge which helps in not hurrying by what is right in front of me. Here's this last week's "Week In Photos" (May 21-27): 


Sunday: Numeral 

I've been watching the clock every 4 hours the last few days. My dad just had rotor cuff surgery on his left shoulder on Friday and is taking pain medication on a schedule. It's not an inconvenience, it's an investment into someone I care about. We watch tv for awhile, we talk about the surgery, pain level, and whatever else comes to mind. The surgery went well and he is beginning the hard work of physical therapy and healing this week.  



Monday: Motion
The winds are never ceasing right now. I hear the wind chimes out back telling me it's gonna be another one of those days. 



Tuesday: Flake
Let me just say that, to me, there is nothing like slicing into homemade bread soon after it's baked. The crunch of the flaky outside, and the softness in the middle is so very gratifying...



Wednesday: Wabi-Sabi
Now, I had to look this one up. It's a Japanese term that defines a way of living with acceptance to imperfectness. It's can also be viewed as imperfect art in nature. It's simple, natural, unconventional even. Here is the center of one of my roses. No perfect lines, or curves; perfect in it's imperfection. This might actually be frame-able art.



Thursday: Relief

So far, my dad has had 2 in-home physical therapy sessions, a visit from a nurse, and a follow up visit with the surgeon who repaired the shoulder. It's a relief to know that, so far, the shoulder is healing nicely. "It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23 --Jonathan took this photo of the sunset. It was a good day with good news from the doctor; a relief for certain.



Friday: In Passing
It was a long day of school clothes shopping today with Jonathan. He couldn't find pants in the right size at any of the stores we looked in at the mall. (Let's just say there are too many 'skinny pants' and not enough solid body frame types.) We decided to stop at the JCPenney near our house for another shot at finding some clothes that he likes. We were worn out by this time. He actually found a pair at this stop and he apparently wasn't too tired to straighten a crooked picture in passing while in the dressing room. It made me laugh. That's my Jonathan. Love that boy. 




Saturday: Homeward
Just a boy and his dog homeward bound after a nice walk in the sunset this weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment