Pages

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Don't Worry About Me



Every Sunday, we have nearly an hour drive from our house to our church in Mexico. We listen to music on the way there and most times, there's one song that we just love for that day and we play it over and over. This week, it was the song, "I'm Going Over" sung by Gold City. Music groups like Gold City remind me of my high school days in the 80's and 90's when we would take long trips to singing competitions, field trips, and Christian college tour trips. One of the teachers would bring a bag full of cassette tapes and we students would all sing along practicing harmony and just having a good time singing at the top of our lungs. I started a 'Sunday Song Selection' section on my blog awhile ago. There's a list of topics on the right hand side of the blog page and I only have a few in this category so far. I thought it was time to add another and write about something different. I still have one or two more posts on Sabbath and Rest and I'm still keeping up with my weekly photo log. 

Here's this week's "Sunday Song Selection": 

I'm Going Over

1. When my days are gone at last, when my future becomes my past
Don't worry about me, I'm going over
And when my given time expires, serving Jesus was my desire
I'm going over, no one can hinder me.

Chorus
Don't worry about me, I'm going over
Don't take a second thought to where my soul is bound
Don't worry about me, I'm going over
He'll lift me over, set my feet on higher ground.


2. No need to fear old Jordan deep, for my soul it cannot keep 
Don't worry about me, I'm going over 
Beyond the doubts and fears of life, clean over Jordan's swelling tide 
I'll make it over with Jesus by my side.


I love the line from the first verse, "When my days are gone at last, when my future becomes my past"..It reminds me that trials I'm facing now won't last forever. And another line from the second verse, "No need to fear old Jordan deep, for my soul it cannot keep"..


"He will swallow up death in victory; and the LORD GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from all the earth; for the LORD hath spoken it. 

And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the LORD; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation."

Isaiah 25:8-9

Now, I'm not the shouting kind of person, but this right here makes me come close. Such great encouragement to begin the week. 

I posted the video below in case you're interested in listening to the song. 










No comments:

Post a Comment